Process & Fees
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Ali Bhatti is a world renowned portrait painter. He earned his MFA (painting major), from the Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, and PhD in Interdisciplinary Arts from the Ohio University in 1998. He is painting for the last 35 years, having over 30 national and international solo exhibitions and several group shows to his credit. He has painted numerous official and private portraits of prominent personalities of Pakistan, India, Malaysia, United States of America, United Kingdom, Singapore, Thailand and Middle East.
Dr. Bhatti believes that “A great portrait painting goes far beyond merely capturing a faithful likeness. The physical process of applying paint with a brush creates a unique dynamic energy, impossible to replicate through any mechanical process.” He further says that “Painting portraits is his passion, he started drawing when he was two years old and ever since making pictures has been at the core of my existence”. Dr. Bhatti has been blessed with a special gift to bring joy into the lives of others. He strives to blend the physical and spiritual characteristics of each person he paint into the most telling portrait possible. Every portrait he paints provides him with the opportunity to create a work of art that exhibits both beauty and timelessness. Currently Dr. Bhatti is living in Houston TX, USA and represented by a few reputable art galleries. He can be reached by (281) 818-6893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCESS & PRICES FOR PORTRAIT PAINTING IN OIL ON CANVAS/LINEN
- Initial meeting will be arranged on phone or video call for discussing the size, composition, dress and mood of the portrait.
- You will send a good quality (high resolution) photos as reference material – preferably natural light. Live sittings are optional.
- After the reference photo is finalized by the client, a 50% advance is required at this stage and the work begins towards the final painting.
- Portraits usually take around 6 weeks to complete.
- Video / photos are sent regularly to ensure we exceed your expectations, you can feedback on any adjustments such as skin / hair color.
- Super high res photos and video sent of final portrait for you to sign off.
- At the time of delivery of the finished portrait, the remaining balance is paid by the client.
- The portrait is shipped by courier to your home after the painting has dried.
- The cost of the frame is not included to the commission price. However, the artist is pleased to assist with framing advice if the client so desires.
- Shipping and travel expenses for the artist are the responsibility of the client.
Oil on canvas/linen, unframed
|HEAD AND SOULER
Approx. Size 16” x 20”
Approx. Size 18” x 24”
|THREE QUARTER FIGURE
Approx. Size 24” x 36”
|FUL LENGH FIGURE
Approx. Size 30” x 40”
M A BHATTI CAN BE REACHED AT
email@example.com Ph: (281) 818-6893